Thursday, December 31, 2009


End Year Notes


 
Insya Allah, on a few more hours we will be in 2010. Before I list down all my 2010 target, I’d like to try to remember all things that I’ve done throughout 2009; professionally and personally (this include my wife and son of course)

 
1st Quarter

 
1. Sold my car
Early January, I sold my very first car to my brother. Yup, the ‘93 Daihatsu that I used to call ‘si Merah’. At first, I decided to sell this car to my brother in order for me to have enough cash to get a brand new one. But since my brother need a car so badly; I let him use the car by paying it on a monthly basis. No down payment and no interest, and this means that I don’t have the cash that I need for the new car. But it’s OK; I love that car with all the (good and bad) memories with me and my family. I’m also glad that my brother can utilize this car as an extra income for his family.

 
2. Road Show
During January-February, I also have the opportunity to finish doing a road show on an employee Knowledge Management Portal socialization and change management seminar with Rhenald Kasali. On this event:
  • I got the chance to visit Indonesian main cities like; Surabaya, Medan, and Semarang.
  • Sharing thoughts about Change Management with Rhenald Kasali; such a great man.
  • The first time I had to give presentation in front of around 200 people for on each session of the seminar.
  • Enjoying local cuisine, accompanied by friends from the area. Special thanks for Mr. Ukurta Sembiring for great ‘Durian Party’ at Pak Singlet – Medan
3. Accepting a request from my friend Prihadi Dwi Anggoro (Didi) to become Program Coordinator on our organization annual gathering event or also known as outing. Throughout the process, there was one thing that I remembered the most; I was called to defend my pre-outing program by some senior staffs in our group. This is caused by some program details that made them feel uncomfortable, and requested me to change it. Luckily, many people supported me during this process, and finally I can deliver almost all my programs as planned

 
2nd Quarter

 
  1. MAKE Award. Again preparing materials for this event. After gaining success from the previous years, with more people involved, I have assured that we’ve provided the best material available this year. Somehow it turns out that we’ve lost. Still can’t figure out why did this happen.
  2. Conducting our organization annual gathering event (outing) at SituGunung-Sukabumi. Great event on a great place. So glad I’ve become parts of this event.
  3. Getting a call from a job hunter that is offering a job at a company. Started sending my CV, attending interviews, medical check-up, and surprisingly got accepted to this new company.
3rd Quarter

 
  1. Discussing with my wife and parents about the decision to move to other company, and decided to write resignation letter and submitted the letter to my boss. I’m sure this was a surprised for them as this was also a great surprised for me.
  2. Spending almost two weeks at home, since I still have many leave days. Utilise this moment to spend joyful moments with my son and enjoying Taman Melati-Sawangan, not for the last time I hope.
  3. Saying goodbye to all friends (not just colleagues) from my company.
  4. Going the Surabaya, a brand new town for me and started working on a new company. During the process, many significant things are:

 
  • Live in ‘kost-kost-an’ for about two months, where I spent fasting month (Ramadhan) all by myself. Huge thanks to Ibu Ina (Ibu Kost).
  • Passing the famous Suramadu bridge with my motor bike
  • Trying new local Surabaya cuisine, enjoying the hot and humid weather, and meeting lots of new friends

 
4th Quarter

 
1. Spending Eid Mubarok (Lebaran) at Jakarta.
  • Meet my wife and son that I missed very much 
  • Meet with all members of big family
2. Moving my family to Surabaya. A big change for us.

 
  • Renting a house
  • Trying to make my wife and son enjoy new atmosphere in Surabaya
  • Visiting new places
  • Doing everything by ourselves

 
3. Both my parents went to Mecca for pilgrimage; this made me went to Jakarta twice. Alhamdulillah, able to give them the allowances, one more dreams come true

 
4. Finished renovating my house at Lebak Bulus and rented them, Alhamdulillah, extra income for my family

 
5. Deciding to buy new car, , if all went well, hopefully on early 2010 I will have a brand new car, and this is another dream come true

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: