Monday, August 05, 2013

Holy Month of Ramadhan 1434 H/ 2013 M


breaking the fast
 For me, today is the 27th day of Ramadhan. Eventhough this holy month is not ended yet, but somehow I feel like sharing my experience for Ramadhan this year;

1. Ensuring myself to complete the target: finished (khatam) reading 30 chapters (juz) of Holy Qur’an
    I actually have created a personal target of completing reading holy Qur’an since the last three or four years ago. I remembered that I struggled to complete the target last year, but thank God, it feels so much easier this year. Alhamdulillah, up until today, I’ve completed reading the 29th chapter, yet there are still 2 or 3 days left. I guess this means that next year target should be more than this year. We’ll see. InsyaAllah

2. No break-fasting at mall
     Another new thing that I do for Ramadhan this year is not taking my family for break- fasting at mall.  Why,..??? because I don’t see any good from that. Instead, I learnt from last year experience that there are some problems when we break our fast at a mall. These are the problem:
     - The food is not taste so good – as always, street foods are the best. Best meals at malls is the fast food, since the taste is the same everywhere you go, but then again, fast foods kills 
     - The musholla or mosque usually is too small – even though some malls nowadays already have a spacious, air conditioned, and cleaned musholla, unfortunately most of the malls only have a small place on the corner for praying. You can imagine lots of people queuing for the Maghrib prayer.
     - Place your orders early – you need to come early, sometime around 3 o’clock pm to ensure you have decent a seat, place your orders early to avoid the long queue and ends up eating a cold meal when the maghrib time comes

3. No new clothes
     Alhamdulillah, me and my family is lucky that we can buy new clothes anytime we need one. But yes, there are some families that can only afford to buy new clothes once a year. And Eid Fitr is the perfect day for this special event, especially for children. But then again, the essence and true meaning is not the new clothes, it’s about how you improve yourself and be a better person after Ramadhan.

4. Teaching my son on fasting
     This year is the first time my son learns to fast. Well, it’s about time actually, since he is almost 7 years old. Again, Alhamdulillah, the process is a smooth and an easy one. Up until today, he never skips a day for fasting, even though it’s only a half day fasting. Well done boy,,,lets improve next year. PS: he still can’t make up his mind for the prize; is it a hotwheel track pack or a brand new original Optimus Prime .

No comments: