Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 2


After having a rest at the hotel, our 2nd day in Jogja is full with so many agenda;

  • Early in the morning (6.30 am), I rushed to go to enjoy Malioboro street atmosphere. One of the reasons why we went to Jogja is when I visited the place around 8 years ago with my friends; I really enjoy looking at people preparing their store in the morning. But this time I failed to experience the atmosphere. Malioboro street felt just the same like any other street that day. I don’t know, whether it’s me or the street that has changed
  • After having breakfast at the hotel, all of us went to see Kraton. Habibi is asking to ride delman. After hard bargain with the Kusir, the agreed price is Rp. 35.000 to visit places like: Dagadu Store, Sultan residence, Back side of Kraton, Bakpia place, and back to alun-alun. My son was so happy finally he can get on to Delman, but the trip was then a very short and strange one.
  • The first stop is to a store that sells T-Shirt; the Kusir told us that this store is the one that sells Dagadu’s original. My wife bought a shirt at a place. Second stop is the small warung near the street selling Bakpia,,,,hahaha, I laughed to myself. I thought that Kusir will take us to the ‘Pusat Oleh-Oleh’ that is especially sold Bakpia. Get real,,,If it’s only warung, everyone can go to that place. Third stop is to across the back of Kraton seeing the famous twin Beringin treeAnd back to the alun-alun. The trip was so short, and we are wondering, are we just being tricked by the Kusir. We didn’t discuss this further to keep the holiday mood on.
  • The next place is to see the inside of the Kraton. Another offer comes to us, and this time it’s from the Becak’s driver. He offers a Rp 5.000 ride to visit Sultan’s residence, Royal Train museum, and another Dagadu store.
  • The visit to Museum was very short, it’s only like 50 meters away, we had a great time seeing the Royal Train that is used by Royal family for many occasion. I also notice that one particular train is gold plated. We didn’t enter to Sultan Residence, the ticket is quite expensive; Rp. 20.000, since there’s no guarantee that we will see Sultan or the royal family there ;). The next stop is to a store that is (again) claimed another store that sell original Dagadu T-shirt. The becak driver said that the Kusir tricked us, the previous store is fake, and this is the original one. Still, we’re not sure which one is the original.
  • After this, we hurried back to the Hotel to get some rest and I also need to go to the mosque for Friday prayer
  • Its lunch time, after a bad dinner, we decided to travel around the city to look for lunch. After spending around half an hour driving, my wife pointed out a place that looks interesting. It’s a small pasta and bakery shop, which also offers local Indonesian food. We decided to try the Nasi Timbel. It turns out that we had a good lunch. Small inconvenience happens when the meals come without sambal. The waitress said that they’re running out Sambal and replace it with tomato sauce. After I insist, they finally made and give us the sambal. I’m sure you’re all agree that sambal is a very important thing when it comes to eating Nasi Timbel.
  • Back to Hotel at around 3.30 pm, we start to visit the famous Malioboro Street on 4 pm.Since my wife has so many shopping list, I decided to accompany my son who are asking to enter stores that is equipped with an air conditioner and left my wife do the shopping
  • The shopping finish at around 7 pm and we closed the day by having Pempek as dinner somewhere near UGM campus





No comments: