Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 3


On our 3rd day in Jogja, since this is the last day, we all trying to make the best of our trip.
  • Starting the day with breakfast in bed at the hotel, we start the day by visiting Vredeburg museum. At the first the only purpose is to take a photo in front of the museum, but when we find out that the ticket is only Rp 750 we all decided to go in. We’re quite surprised, compared to the cheap entry ticket price; the museum has so many things to offer. With a well maintained building, the museum share stories on Indonesian independence against Japan dan Dutch colonialization, and some of Youth movement during Indonesian early years after Independence Day. The stories are well presented using a 3D media called Diorama.
  • After the museum, my wife still has some things to buy, so we decided to visit the famous Beringharjo Market. At the market, we manage to buy one batik bed sheet, and for me I bought a small pillow for shoulder rest to be place in my car. This is the only thing that I bought for myself while we’re there.
  • We went back to the hotel at around 11.30 am, me and my son just stayed at the room to have a little rest before going back to Surabaya. While we are in the room, my wife visited another store to buy a jilbab, gosh,,,,she has a lot of energy when it comes to shopping
  • At 1 pm, we started our journey back to Surabaya. We decided to avoid the Magetan route, and choose to pass Ngawi. The journey is a very scary and tiring one because it rained all the way from Jogja to Surabaya.
  • On the way back, we stop by at a restaurant called Rakitos at Nganjuk; a very fine place to have dinner and have my legs stretched.
  • Arriving at Surabaya at around 12 pm, the journey was so tiring. Bravo to my wife who is always trying to stay awake to accompany me in my first long distance drive.

No comments: